Two pack cementitous waterproof coating
Engineer Plus HEWC-99 is a two component cementitious & acrylic flexible waterproofing & protective coating composed of best quality portland cement, properly selected & graded aggregates, additives & acrylic emulsion polymer as a binder. It is applied to waterproof and protect concrete and similar structures. specially formulated for swimming pools, retaining walls, pile heads, water tanks, submerged tunnels, sumps, bridge decks, marbles, granites and a wide variety of extreme service class structures because on curing it forms an excellent elastomeric, waterproof & protective layer over the substrate.
HEWC-99 PRICE LIST
Areas of Application
Engineer Plus HEWC-99 can be applied to new or old concrete structures that are structurally sound and strong,
- Basement retaining walls.
- Pile Heads.
- Structural surfaces of cellars.
- Concrete roof slabs, floors, balcony floor slabs.
- Water tanks and swimming pools.
- Bridge decks.
- Canals and dam walls.
- Structural surfaces of dykes.
- Waterproof coating (bottom coat) for marble, granite and other natural stones.
- Suitable for steam room waterproofing.
- Sewage treatment plants.
- For special applications such as areas where more thick plaster application is needed.
Features & Benefits
- Flexibility – Provides a flexible & low permeable coating.
- Water permeability – Excellent resistance to ingress of water.
- Slip resistant – Provides slip resistant coating.
- Waterproof – Waterproof for concrete structures.
- Adhesion – Excellent adhesion to concrete, natural and artificial stone.
- Diffusion – Excellent resistance to chloride ion diffusion and carbon dioxide.
- Low temperature resistant – Resistance to freeze-thaw cycles and de-icing salts.
- Carbonation – Prevents carbonation of cement concrete.
Method of Application
1 SURFACE PREPRATION
- The surface must be strong & free from dirt, dust & loose particles. Thoroughly wire brush the surface & clean the dust by air compressor or wash the surface with water.
- Oil & grease must be removed using degreasing solvents.
- Cracks and crevices must be duly filled or repaired with appropriate product such as
Engineer Plus URP -99 / Engineer Plus BMP-99
- Shake well the liquid component to a homogenous milky colour , before mixing transfer entire quantity of liquid component into a suitable clean mixing vessel, gradually start addition of powder component under constant mixing with a stirrer using a pneumatic or electric power tool (1kw) at slow speed at 250 – 300 rpm
for 3- 5 minutes to a homogeneous & uniform free flowing slurry.
- Apply slurry coat of mixed material for two coats at a coverage rate of 1.5 kg/m2 over the set concrete slab by a masonry brush or appropriate power spray equipment.
Concrete slabs or roof slabs
- Two coat of mixed slurry to be applied to the set concrete @ 1.5 – 2kg/m2 by a masonry brush, roller or appropriate power spray equipment.
- Two coats of mixed slurry to be applied on to the pile head @ 0.75kg/m2 first coat and 1.25 to 1.5 kg/m2.
- Second coat either by a masonry brush or by appropriate power spray equipment.
Water tanks and Swimming pools
- Two coat of Engineer Plus HEWC-99 applied @ 1.5 kg/m2 each coat by a masonry brush or an appropriate power spray equipment.
- All applications where two coats is specified, the second coat shall be applied when the first coat is completely dried.
- The treated area should be protected from direct sunlight and to be damp cured by covering with damp hessian or similar system.
- It is recommended to apply one coat at the bottom side of the marble @ 1.5 mm thick at a coverage of approximately 1.8 to 2 kg/m2.